Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

♥ My Valentine ♥

His name is Russell Price and to describe him in a few words ...
cute
hilarious
kind
thoughtful
selfless
patient
sweet
MINE



Because it's the 'month of LOVE'... here's a little history of me & my Valentine.


We were set up by our mutual friend (Abby) with the help of Russ's sister (Megan). The night of our first date, we went to Oregano's then over to F1 Race Factory - but it was too late to race any of the cars and I was secretly so glad because I didn't want to put the protective gear on my head. Russ knew I was relieved. Instead of racing cars we just people-watched and talked a lot - we found out real quick how much we had in common. Russ took the long way home to stall the date from ending. I invited him to come in to stall it even longer! That's when Russ did karaoke in my family room - YES, on our first date! I knew that I liked him because he wasn't "too cool" or embarrased. Me - on the other hand, I was too embarrassed. Double standard!

(I captured the karaoke on my phone video recorder - here are some still shots I got from the video... kinda blurry but I love that I have a pic of Russ on our first date! The water bottle was his mic. LOL!)

The next day we texted a lot until I hinted for Russ to just call me instead of using up all my texts in one day! So, of course he did - and that was just the beginning of Russ doing anything and everything I ask him to do! haha. We spent the next few days on the phone with each other and our second date was just 3 days after the first one. That's of course when he kissed me for the first time. We have never spent a day apart since then, except for when I went on the Family Feud trip - if that even counts - cuz I might have spent more time on the phone with him than I did off!

I knew I was in love with Russ pretty quickly. We spent SO much time together that first week (he met my family 6 days after our first date). One week exactly after our first date, Russ took Noah and I out to where he lived. We met his dad and Russ played some guitar for us. I would've never thought that hearing a man play a guitar and sing to me would make me feel the way I did. Usually I would probably laugh at that. But hearing Russ play "You've Got Friend In Me" for Noah got me a little choked up and then when he sang me "I Wanna Grow Old With You" - it hit me that I really loved him. I still LOVE to hear him play that one and every time I request it, I get it! ;) That night, Russ (being the funny guy he is) - got me to tell him that I loved him - just so I could be the first one to say it. But I did mean it, and afterward he told me that he loved me too. It's funny to think how fast that all happened but I cannot even remember there being a time where I felt awkward or uncomfortable around him - even on our first date - it was always easy to just be ourselves. We have so much fun together.

Next up in our relationship - Russ wanted me to meet his girls. So we planned a fun day at Amazing Jakes. The girls were so like-able. Noah and I both loved our new friends - and I loved to see Russ with his girls. When we said goodbye that day, Russ gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and Sophie said to him "Why you love that girl?" haha.

(pictures from Amazing Jakes that day)

Well for the next 3 months we had a lot of fun together. We went on a few road trips, lots of dates, took our kids on a little weekend getaway together, and spent every minute possible with one another.

(Sunrise)

(Flagstaff)

(California)
We decided around the end of October that we really wanted to get married. We wasted no time and were married on our "4-monthiversary" (as Tamn would call it)!

Life is so great for us! We talk about how lucky we are to have found each other - thank goodness for Abby and her matchmaking skills. I only wish we could have found each other sooner than we did. I love my valentine and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him. I know that sounds cliche but I really do! I still love to get his sweet texts and hear his voice every day at about 4:09 when I get off work. He makes me so happy!



Our little Valentines can't go unmentioned - I love them all!

9 comments:

  1. ummm. i could die. that was insanely cute and i'm beyond glad that you have such a nice, funny, loving valentine. you deserve him. (and i'm sure he deserves you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Shalae. I've been wanting to know the play by play details. I'm so happy for you! Such a sweet post for V-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I think I want to do a valentines post too...if you don't mind me biting your style!
    And..I can think of a time you might have been a little nervous...does "family dance" ring a bell??? hahaha. (maybe you were just nervous around all of us crazies.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this post! And love my 6 Valentines over at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet, so glad you two found each other. You really are so cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!! What a sweet post! I'm glad you're so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story! It totally gave me goose bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHHHH!!!
    Love that you found each other & that 3 adorable girls came withthat package!
    Tell RUSS that I am going to copy & paste this to my blog (and Alisse)... just so we can still have matching blogs! ha ha
    Obviously I am at work-since I am on the internet... and not doing a good job @ watching MOBI! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect love story! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete