Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Monday, April 5, 2010

Elder Brad returned home!

Look at the biggest smiles! Welcoming Brad home at the airport was pure excitement... especially when we spotted him out of the many people walking towards us: 
Brad served in the Brazil Jaoa Pessoa Mission (I could be spelling that wrong). He was gone for 2 years and our first words after seeing him were "he is soooo skinny". 
 
All the girls with our "bee bee" brother:
Russ met Brad for the first time, and we're excited for the girls to meet him soon!
Brad set a great example for all these kids.
PROUD Parents!!
Noah LOVES having Brad around. We went out for lunch and Noah wanted to be right by him. On the way home he told Brad "Let's take a ride in your truck, then you can change, then we'll play catch..." (it went on and on). Then later that day, he asked me if he could spend the night with Brad. haha
We are so happy to have Brad back home and we are thankful for the blessings that came to us while he was serving a mission. He was a great missionary and I'm sure the people of Brazil miss him already. I'm looking forward to hearing more stories about his mission as time goes on. I am also already excited / nervous for when Noah turns 19 and serves a mission. He has a great example to look up to.

5 comments:

  1. Hey its Cara! I loved it when my brother's came home! I love that your mom gets to have her son home. Its cool that you gained a new hubbie in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for your family. Welcome home Brad! He is SO skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me want to cry seeing all the photos... I'm so happy and thrilled for you guys to have your little brother home. What a cutie! Your mom and dad can breath a sye of relief now that he's home safe and sound. I love to see missionary homecomings

    I can't believe you and your hubbie and accidents. I guess that means true love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting. He looks so great, so grown up!!

    ReplyDelete