Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall Break

We took a little trip to my father-in-law's cabin at the beginning of fall break.

The night before we left - Russ, Sophie & I went down to Russ's shop to pick up some 'toys' to take with us. Russ let Sophie sit by him in the big truck...
I was excited to see it for the first time - this is 1 of the first 2 NRG semi trucks on the road!!
Sophie also had fun with Russ on the forklift.

This post really isn't all about Sophie - but I thought her outfit was hilarious - the pants are too short but look fine when they're tucked in to the boots. She didn't want them tucked in though! 

We had such a good time riding around on these for a few days at the cabin... 

Noah said his favorite was the dirt bike because it went the fastest. 

Tayler had fun riding quads as usual... 

 ... and so did Kaitlyn. She did it all by herself - she caught on quick and did a great job!

 This pic was taken at what we named the "family rec center". This is the same place (close to the cabin) where we went sledding back in February when it was covered with snow. We had a close call back then, getting the truck stuck in the snow - and we had a close call this time too with one quad rolling down a hill - luckily nobody got hurt!
 One day we saw a snake on the trail we were riding on and I wished I had my camera. That was a memorable part of our trip but riding the quads and just being together was the best!

I was excited to see this face the morning after we got back... I know she's not mine but I miss her when I don't see her for a few days. She's getting so big, acting way too old, and she's very vocal lately! She was so happy when I got my camera out, but then as soon as she saw it, she stuck her lip out! She's still the cutest little thing even with a sad face!



1 comment:

  1. Funnest trip. We'll have to join you next time. I sure hope that Lucy knows how lucky she is to have you around!!

    ReplyDelete