Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Triathlon

We participated in a triathlon put on by our stake last week. It was such a fun experience!

Here's my cousin Krista - she did all 3 events.
My brother-in-law Scott also did all 3 events.
 And my sister Suzanne - she did all 3 events and swam for Russ, Tayler & I. None of us wanted to do the swim! In this triathlon, we were allowed to put together a "team" and use one another's time if we didn't want to do all 3 events.

Perfect photo-op of Suz & Scott in the pool!

Once Suzanne finished the swim, her and I hopped on bikes for the next part of the race.
I really liked biking - however.... about 4-5 people passed us on the route and we didn't pass up ANYONE!! haha

Russ & Tayler were waiting to join us for the run - and here they are coming to the end of the 2-mile route...
 Russ was trying his hardest to cross the finish line before Tayler!

We had a great time! I'm hoping our stake does this every year (easy for me to say)... maybe next year I'll train for the swim so I can say I did the whole thing!

5 comments:

  1. Thats really awesome you did that shoe. I should've done it and used Suzanne's time too. She shouldn't let people use her like that tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go!!! that would be so tough! my sister-in-law chelsea just did a triathalon at lake powell. i don't know how you guys do it! i love the picture of russ & tayler crossing the finish line... classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year can I use Suzanne's time for all three events?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Stake does that too..in the summer. I was gonna do it but it fell on Dane's Birthday, so needless to say, we had other plans! Then I found out later that during the swim, a 40-something fater of 4 had some medical mishap and dropped on the concrete, hit his head and died....it was so crazy! They cancelled the event...sad day...so, glad I wasn't there. But hoping they still do it next year, cuz I'm planning on it! GLad you guys had a better experience ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you go guys! the more people talk about the triathlon, the more i wish i would have prepared myself for it! looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete