Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Sunday, February 13, 2011

San Diego get-away

Last weekend Russ & I took a 2nd honeymoon / early Valentines trip back to the same place where we went for our honeymoon... the first time - San Diego! We had so much fun the first time so I was SO excited to go back! 

We took our bikes with us and never even used our car except for the travel from AZ & back home.

Russ was dreamin BIG every time he stopped to watch the boats.

That's the hotel we stayed in... we got a good deal, it was nice...


... and we had a great view!


Russ dreaming again... videoing the boats pulling in & out of the harbor (I'm not sure what we'll ever do with that video!!)


One day, we took a ferry over to Coronado Island and rode our bikes all around the town. I loved it! Now I was the dreamer - I took pictures of all these houses for my inspiration "someday"!









 We were looking for a treat when we came across this cupcakery at Cornado Island. Perfect I thought! The cupcakes actually weren't great and the italian soda was gross. I was wanting a Sprinkles cupcake after that.

My favorite part about the trip was just being with Russ & having him all to myself - we have so much fun together.


Dangit... I uploaded this picture sideways - anyway, it's a picture of the Gaslamp Quarter. It's a really fun place with good eats, shopping, and a fun atmosphere!


Oops - another sideways pic! Russ & I found a geo cache. It was a pretty well hidden one and tiny! 


This little tiny slip of paper was the "log book" we found inside the tiny little magnetic container.

I'm wanting to plan another "just us" getaway already! The weekend went by WAY too fast!

I LOVE my valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment