Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas morning before anybody was awake... 

I was testing our my panoramic setting on my phone camera. I had to include both pictures because I actually like the dark lighting in the first picture but the second picture shows the kids' gifts better.


The kids waiting to go downstairs...

Santa brought Sophie an "American Girl" doll - I mean an "Our Generation" doll and lots of accessories and clothes to go with it. She was so excited!

Noah got a new red 3DS... sadly his old DS was stolen from the car at the car wash :(

Tayler received new Converse shoes, a sports bag for basketball, and some Nike socks she wanted :)

Kaitlyn got the guitar she wanted so bad and is excited to learn how to play it.

Christmas aftermath...


Sophie trying on new clothes. I think she looks so much like cousin Jane in this picture!

In the afternoon, Russ, Noah, and I went to my parents' to celebrate. We started with stockings. My parents always fill them with fun and meaningful gifts. I loved getting a little onesie for a baby girl this year!

Next up was the gift exchange. It was funny to watch the gag gifts that some people opened. Lucy opened up a set of antelope plates that Auburn said she found at the dollar store on clearance for 27 cents. Hahaha!!

Russ opened another one of Auburn's specials. I told him it was actually a great gift for him to open because he won't have to make a run to Walgreens for his daughters anytime soon. Then someone reminded me that I would be needing them soon after the baby is born! Russ won't have to be the errand boy either way. Noah asked Russ "what is that" and he told him "underwear protectors". So funny!!

Next, the kids were spoiled by my parents. One by one, starting with Tayler, Kaitlyn, and Sophie the day before - the kids opened up a present from my parents and found a letter taped to their present somewhere. Eventually after all the kids had opened up their presents and put their letters together, they spelled out the word D I S N E Y L A N D. My parents told them they were buying them each a ticket to Disneyland!!

I thought that was such an awesome surprise for the kids and us parents as well... but the surprises didn't stop there. My parents seriously spoil us every Christmas. Each couple opened up an ipad mini!
 

That wasn't even the end of the surprises! My mom gave each of the girls the CUTEST birthday cakes that she had sewn. I want to find a place in my house to hang it all the time, but at the very least it will be out on display anytime we have a birthday in our family. I LOVE it!

 I'm so thankful for the Christmas season and the happy traditions and memories that are made. I am thankful for the reason that we celebrate and for my Savior. I hope that with a new year coming up, I can be more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment