Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christmas 2009 - part 1

I'm finally getting around to my Christmas post... just part 1 for now!

We started the season in early November when we decorated the house and visited Santa at the mall.

Tayler
Noah Sophie
Kaitlyn
The kids reading their books from Santa. I thought this was cute!
At the Arnett family party, Santa found Sophie...

...and Noah!
Russ opened our Christmas Family Home Evening with a Christmas hymn on his guitar and we all sang along. I loved it!
Classic FHE moment... look at Sophie raising her hand!
Noah's Grandma Hunt gave us a cute FHE packet and the kids loved hearing the story of Christ's birth and hanging the picture ornaments on the tree.
After the lesson we had a Christmas-sing-along and the kids danced!
One of my favorite things about Christmas is the music. And one of my new-found favorite things is to hear Russ sing and play on the guitar. So you can bet that I LOVED the music in my house this Christmas season. One morning Russ was playing as I was getting ready for work and it was so cute to see Noah just standing by him listening. He liked it too! I had to get a picture of it...
Christmas Eve, we got together with Russ's family and the kids (and some adults I guess) participated in the nativity scene. Noah was a cute little shepherd boy.
Russ was the narrator and Matthew - I think he was humming along to Mary Ann's piano music.
Kade was Joseph and Blake was Baby Jesus.
Aunt Megan shared her reindeer food with us so Santa would be sure to find our house.Then Noah set some cookies out for Santa and could hardly contain his excitement. I thought he might not go to sleep that night. More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Fun Christmas festivities.. magnified by 4 from 4 new family members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so much fun. Do you need the Dance video so you can post that in part 2??? :)

    ReplyDelete