Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our sealing day

March 13, 2012
Russ and I were sealed in the Mesa, AZ temple!








It was such a beautiful day outside, and I LOVE this shot of the temple. 


{Alisse took pictures for us and did a great job. The funniest line of the day was when Scott told her she had taken enough pictures of us and she responded with "I'm just tryin to pay the bills" hahaha... she hasn't charged us for her services yet and I owe her big time!!}







After the temple we met our families at Cheesecake Factory then headed to the airport for a 2nd honeymoon to San Francisco!



This day was one that we looked forward to for so long. It was a long process to get approval from The First Presidency, and I was the happiest person when we got our letter of approval in the mail. For journaling purposes, I will write a little about the day. It started out a little rough. Through the acts of other people Satan tried to put a damper on the day for us. Russ told me on the way to the temple that he felt it was a testament of what an important thing it was that him and I were about to do. The adversary has a history of trying to disturb important events. I felt the same way and knew that no matter what, that day would feel special and important things WERE happening for our family. As soon as we made it inside the temple, things turned around and everything was peaceful. I love the temple for that reason. Our sealer said some special things that I hope to never forget. He talked about the importance of returning to the temple often and also that we should continue to put one anothers' happiness above anyone or anything else (besides God of course). I loved having our parents and siblings there with us, along with Bishop Durrant and President Bradshaw. Each one of them made a sacrifice that day to be with us and I am so thankful for the family I come from and the family I married into. I am also thankful for our bishop and stake president and all the work they did to help make this happen for us. Most of all, I love that I was sealed for time & all eternity to my sweet Russ. I still love to spend every second possible with him, and the feeling of knowing we can be together forever is indescribable! 

3 comments:

  1. So sweet Shalae. I loved reading this. It was such a great day and I'm so glad you let me share it with you. I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy for the both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! You are such a beautiful couple and I am glad that you were able to be sealed together. This is Emily Mullenaux from your old ward!!

    ReplyDelete