Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Monday, April 2, 2012

San Francisco

Russ and I took a 4-day trip to San Francisco after we were sealed. We had a great time even though it was cold & rainy the whole time we were there! We took so many pictures so I grouped them up...

This was at Lombard Street (the crooked road). We hiked all the way up and all the way down. The view was well worth it!

This was Alcatraz Island. It was so interesting to learn about the prison and see it in real life!

We made sure to visit Pier 39 like everyone told us to and I loved the sourdough bread bowl. We took the transformer pic for Noah!

These pictures were mostly to show the beauty of San Fran... and to show that we visited Dottie's for breakfast one day as someone suggested!

On the rainiest day, we were in search of Ghirardelli Square. After getting off the bus we walked about a mile in the rain before seeing the back of the building and the GHIRARDELLI sign. I was so glad to see it!! We shared a chocolate peanut butter sundae and I wish we could've made it back there another time to try more!

We walked through Golden Gate Park (also on the rainiest day). It was so pretty but so wet. We were trying to find our lunch stop, Park Chow - which had also been a suggested eatery!

We were in San Francisco on Russ's 39th birthday. The day started out with a work out in the hotel's gym and then we toured the city the rest of the day. 

We barely made it to the Golden Gate Bridge before heading to the airport on our last day there. It was the coldest day and for me that means I would rather be sitting inside the bus, but I'm glad to say we saw it. I thought of Full House when we visited this landmark!

We saw a few men dressed as women during our stay. One of them sat in front of us on the bus, and the other was shopping for chocolate with us in a Ghirardelli store. I think the one at Ghirardelli knew that I was taking a picture of him (bottom right pic).

Due to the weather, my hair was hideous the whole time! The first day, I flat ironed it and within hours it was frizzy. So the rest of the time I wore a hat or a pony tail. These pictures are to document the weather!

Overall, we had a great time despite the weather. It's fun to spend time together no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment