Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Noah turned 8

Noah turned 8 on Sunday the 21st so the Friday before, I took treats in to his class at school. His teacher is so cute and really made him feel special with a birthday kid shirt to wear and a special treat she made for him.
 



Sunday morning on his actual birthday, we had cinnamon rolls and he opened presents. It was a LEGO NINJAGO birthday. He is obsessed!

Sunday night we celebrated more at Grandma & Poppy's house...

Monday, Lucy and I picked him up from school and went to Panda Express for lunch. Chinese is Noah's favorite!

Tuesday, he got to go to cub scouts for the first time. I loved seeing him in the scout uniform. I never thought I'd be excited about anything scouts-related but I was wrong. There are so many boys Noah's age in our ward and it's so fun to see them get together. Noah is already loving it!

Next up was Noah's baptism. 

I'm thankful to be Noah's mom and to be married to such an great person that could baptize and confirm my sweet boy. Russ did a great job.


Proud mom, blurry picture!
 
Sibling shot

This is Maggie, a sweet girl in our ward that was baptized the same day as Noah. We had fun telling Noah that the next day when the bishop called them up to get their baptism certificates in sacrament meeting, that he needed to get Maggie and hold her hand as they walked up to the podium.

I am so sad to say that those are the only pictures that I took at the church. Noah had so many people support him from our ward friends, the Hunt family, Sherwood family, and Price family. I wish I had a photo to document it all but I don't, dangit! 

Alisse did, however, get some really cute pictures of Noah in his handsome baptism suit at the temple. 


 



 
We had a little celebration after the baptism with dessert, snack food, and a movie highlighting Noah's life from birth to age 8. I had so much help with the party and I'm so thankful to my mom and sisters and all they did to make Noah's day special.


 


Noah's day ended perfectly for him when cousin Cole got to spend the night! These 2 have so much fun together and don't get to see each other enough.


One last thing about Noah - a few days after the baptism I told him to find a book to read for his daily reading. He came back to me with a Book of Mormon and asked if he could read that. I helped him with the big words but was amazed when he asked me to explain something he had read. He said, "does God really sit on a throne in heaven?" - I was impressed that he wasn't just reading, but actually paying attention to what it meant. 
I love this boy so much. I'm a proud mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment