Russ, Shalae, & Kids

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sun the Sun Run

On November 10, a lot of our family members participated in the Shun the Sun Run. I wasn't one of them, sadly! Watching everyone take off that day looked like so much fun but I wouldn't have lasted for even one mile! (It's been awhile since I've ran.)

Here are the runners before their races:

Russ, Suzanne, Auburn & Scott taking off for their 10K

Lance taking off for his 5K

My mom, Alisse, and I were there to support and the kids had a good time Gangnum Style dancing and playing on Ellie's touch as we waited for the runners...

(Lucy was the cutest little cupcake)
 
It wasn't long before we were watching for everyone to finish their races. Lance came in first...
(screenshot of a video I took)

... then it was time to watch for our 10K people to start finishing.

Suzanne was the first one, sprinting towards the finish line

Auburn followed her within about 30 seconds

Next was Scotty

And then Russ


I was so impressed with all of their times!


After these runs were finished, it was time for the family fun run to start. These were the cutest participants.

 When the race started Noah took off sprinting. It was hilarious to watch - he was determined to "win" the race. Ellie was going pretty fast too!

Surprisingly at the end of the race, Noah was still going pretty fast. Ellie was right behind him - they were a little team and stuck together!


It was a fun day to watch my boys and team Sherwood!!


No comments:

Post a Comment